Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grief and madness and light

Almost lost amid the grief of this day, the US Supreme Court has narrowly ruled against the idea of a constitutional right to the most horrific of all abortion procedures.

Are we a culture dependent on violence to break the monotony of materialism? Have violent films, video games, and the abundance of guns merged into some sort of moral superstorm?

I wonder.

This latest mass shooting has set a new record for the number of victims. Chilling is the thought that gunmen on the edge of madness might be taking note of such records.

At least this very dark day brings some ray of light. Human life in the womb now enjoys the possibility of an increased measure of legal protection. The violence outside the womb remains unaddressed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just want to point out sites with free catholic books written by the saints

http://catholic-books.blogspot.com/
http://www.saintsbooks.net/
http://www.storyofasoul.com/

I hope they are helpful

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely
fantastic. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you're saying and
the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still
care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you.
This is actually a great site.
My web page :: usa bank account with atm card

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fascinating discussion is worth comment.
I think that you ought to write more about this issue, it
may not be a taboo matter but typically people don't talk about these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!
Also see my web page - discount

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home